Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Horizon

Work has been intensely stressful and non-stop for several weeks. With a major event looming ahead next weekend, I have found myself unbalanced, filled with anxiety, and suffering from stomach ailments. It has been so extreme that I found myself unable to do my favorite Western-style exercise yesterday, which is riding on my stationary bicycle.

Today, I realized that the only thing that would possibly help was - you guessed it - yoga. And I was right. I had an hour to myself this morning, so pulled my mat out to the porch, and listened to the birds and felt lovely spring breezes on my skin while I practiced. It was a fairly basic routine, but one which I knew I could accomplish without too much frustration, and it was absolutely the right thing to do.

These past few weeks I have come to realize just how precious yoga has become to me. What a wonderful addition my practice has been to my life! I feel blessed to have found this kind of peace.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment