Friday, April 9, 2010

HRM Rex Goliath Merlot

Holy smokes this wine is delicious!!!! (See following crummy picture - taken with my phone because our camera is on the fritz.)



I was so taken aback by the pleasure of drinking this wine from the first sip that I am having trouble describing it. The label on the back says "big, fruit-forward flavors" and I certainly agree with that. But even more than that, this wine has a buttery feel on the tongue, has a smooth but crisp finish, definitely calls to mind flavors of berries and it was great with chocolate. Oh, AND it was still terrific on the 3rd night ater I opened it. This wine is worth a lot more than the $10 that it is retailing for!!!

I can't recommend this one enough - I give it a rating of "whole bottle" with no reservations at all. I can't wait to drink it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment