Saturday, March 13, 2010

Decidedly NOT yoga!

Am about to embark on painting the guestroom, in anticipation of (gasp!) having a guest next weekend, a yoga teacher who will be staying with us during the Rebecca Lerner workshop.

This painting is not nearly as ominous as it must sound! In fact, I used to be a scenic painter for theater, so I have no way of calculating how many square feet of wall to which I have applied paint over the years. The main difference is that now, on my own walls, I use really high quality paint and apply it with really high quality rollers. And I take my time and pay attention to every last detail. Which is most decidedly NOT how most of scenic painting is done (at least not for a theatrical production that runs for only 3 days before you tear down the set!).

Nevertheless, I will be glad to have this project done. I plan to stick my MP3 player's earbuds in my ears and listen to music, or, at the very least, PRETEND I am listening to music so that everyone will leave me alone to get this done!

As I said, this is not yoga, but since it's in support of my yoga habit, I think it's fair game to post about it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment